Future2 Make the Difference! grants
2016 was another successful year for our Make the Difference Grants! Future was able to contribute $147,500 to our Grant recipients. We had 7 new recipients in 2016, they have now all received a $10,000 Grant for their project this year.
Since 2007 Future2 has committed $613,000 in grants to community not-for-profits. Through programs run by these organisations, we have helped to turn the lives of thousands of disadvantaged young people from adversity to opportunity, from social exclusion to productive lives in the community.
Details of our seven new recipients can be found here
Eligible grant applicants
- Charities with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
- Registered charities, or
- Not-for-profit organisations
Types of grant
Applicants may apply for two types of grant:
- a short-term grant of up to $10,000 in one year
- a multi-year grant with total value up to $30,000 over three years
Projects we fund
Future2 seeks to support programs that address the needs of disadvantaged young Australians through:
- Education, including skills training and leadership development
- Engagement, including mentoring and juvenile justice programs
- Employment, including work experience and job readiness training
- Well-being, including remedial programs for drug and alcohol dependence
- Independent living, including addressing social exclusion and homelessness
Finding a financial planner to support your application
If you do not have an existing contact or relationship with a FPA member, you can still apply for a grant! You can find a FPA member in your area in two ways:
1. FPA website: Find A Planner
2. Email: and ask to be put in touch with your local FPA Chapter.
When you have identified a FPA member, he or she must:
1. Be briefed about your organisation and the project for which funding is sought
2. Agree to complete a nomination form to support your application.
Information on this year's grants will be released soon.
You can register your interest at
|1=||Not-for-profit/charity||Identify and make contact with FPA member to nominate your application|
|1=||FPA member||Consider local not-for-profits/charities to nominate for grant|
|2||FPA member||Complete section 1 of the application form|
|3||Not-for-profit/charity||Complete section 2 of the application form|
|4||FPA member or not-for-profit/charity||Submit application form|
|5||Future2||Acknowledge receipt of application|
All grants are made at the sole discretion of Future2 Foundation, based on a thorough evaluation of individual applications, our determination of relative priorities, and the availability of funds. Future2 has the right not to award any specific grant for any reason, or for no apparent reason, no matter how deserving the proposed project may be or closely the requester has followed the guidelines and procedures.