Future2 Make the Difference! grants
The 2016 Make the Difference! grants open to applications during the week of 11 April and close on 1 August. As in prior years, the announcement of 2016 grants will be made at the Future2 Gala Dinner, which will be in Perth on 24 November.
Since 2007 Future2 has committed $613,000 in grants to community not-for-profits. Through programs run by these organisations, we have helped to turn the lives of thousands of disadvantaged young people from adversity to opportunity, from social exclusion to productive lives in the community.
For a list of grants made 2007 to 2015 click here.
2016 Guidelines and application
Grant applications have now closed.
Eligible grant applicants
- Charities with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
- Registered charities, or
- Not-for-profit organisations
Types of grant
Applicants may apply for two types of grant:
- a short-term grant of up to $10,000 in one year
- a multi-year grant with total value up to $30,000 over three years
Projects we fund
Future2 seeks to support programs that address the needs of disadvantaged young Australians through:
- Education, including skills training and leadership development
- Engagement, including mentoring and juvenile justice programs
- Employment, including work experience and job readiness training
- Well-being, including remedial programs for drug and alcohol dependence
- Independent living, including addressing social exclusion and homelessness
Finding a financial planner to support your application
If you do not have an existing contact or relationship with a FPA member, you can still apply for a grant! You can find a FPA member in your area in two ways:
1. FPA website: Find A Planner
2. Email: and ask to be put in touch with your local FPA Chapter.
When you have identified a FPA member, he or she must:
1. Be briefed about your organisation and the project for which funding is sought
2. Agree to complete a nomination form to support your application.
|Week of 11 April||Applications open (Stage 1)|
|Monday 1 August 12pm||Applications close|
|Friday 23 September||Shortlisted applicants invited to provide additional information (Stage 2)|
|Friday 23 September||Unsuccessful applicants notified|
|Friday 7 October 5pm||Submission deadline for additional information|
|Friday 4 November||Unsuccessful shortlisted applicants notified|
|Thursday 24 November||2016 Grants announced at Future2 Gala Dinner in Perth|
How to apply
|1=||Not-for-profit/charity||Identify and make contact with FPA member to nominate your application|
|1=||FPA member||Consider local not-for-profits/charities to nominate for grant|
|2||FPA member||Complete section 1 of the application form|
|3||Not-for-profit/charity||Complete section 2 of the application form|
|4||FPA member or not-for-profit/charity||Submit application form|
|5||Future2||Acknowledge receipt of application|
Request for additional information
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to provide us with additional information about their organisation, project implementation plans and budgets. These requests will be made in early October. Shortlisted applicants may also provide supporting documents and up to five minutes of video footage.
All grants are made at the sole discretion of Future2 Foundation, based on a thorough evaluation of individual applications, our determination of relative priorities, and the availability of funds. Future2 has the right not to award any specific grant for any reason, or for no apparent reason, no matter how deserving the proposed project may be or closely the requester has followed the guidelines and procedures.